Archive for tag: Umbraco

Using LiveWriter with Umbraco

So, finally i was able to connect to with the help of Windows LiveWriter. Once i collected all needed information, and the settings were correct, it really worked.

So, this is how i did it.

- Log on to the Umbraco administration interface, select "Users".

- Select the user you want to enable "Content Channels" for, and select the tab Content Channel.

- Put your correct settings in the fields, this might be different depending on how you installed Umbraco/Blog. In my case, i installed the Blog part afterwards, so I'm pointing "Start Node in Content" to a folder named "Blog".

- Next, to keep things a little bit clearer i created a folder in the media library named "Blog". And this is were i pointed the "Start Node in Media Library" setting.

- "Document type", here i selected the document type "Blog Post".

- "Description field", set this to "Body (bodyText)"

- "Category field", select "Tags (tags)"


- Add the following code to the <HEAD> of your base .master page:

<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" href="/umbraco/channels/rsd.aspx" />
<link rel="wlwmanifest" type="application/wlwmanifest+xml" href="/umbraco/channels/wlwmanifest.aspx" />


To be continued.


The settings for each blog account is stored in the registry. Start Regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Writer\Weblogs.

Under the node Weblogs you will find GUIDs representing each blog account.



More help: